Watch This: Men’s Watches
Guys, we think it’s about time you upped the ante on your wrist wardrobe. Take a look at two diverse chronograph collections — casual and formal — for finishing off your daily duds. | by Nicole Barley
The Weekend Warrior
The watch you wear in your downtime should definitely be different than the timepiece you sport when suited up for work or a big event. Look for options that are off the beaten track: bright bands, funky faces, and multi-functional, for example, a watch that works on land and sea.
1. Hamilton Khaki X-Copter, $1,495, Henne Jewelers.
Tells the day of the week, date, and time, down to the second. The orange band adds even more personality.
2. Metal.CH Chronosport, $1,275, Grafner Brothers Jewelers.
The Swiss-made brand brings this oversized option. Rose gold and brown leather accent the double-protection crown device dial.
3. Breil Milano “Logo” Watch, $575, Goldstock Jewelers.
Think geek chic with a futuristic timepiece, featuring stainless steel, plexiglass, and a rubber strap.
4. Seiko Kinetic Sport Ion-Plated Watch, $297, Goldstock Jewelers.
Always on the go? Consider a kinetic option: no battery charge is ever needed as the movement of your body powers the watch.
5. TW Steel 500mm Automatic Watch, $725, Orr’s Jewelers.
The rounded edges and tan band combine for a casual, easy to wear (and read!) watch.
6. Tissot T-Sport SeaStar Chronograph, $1,275, Henne Jewelers.
For the sophisticated sportsman, a watch equipped to survive up to 30 bar while diving and comes with loads of style, too.
A Few Timeless Classics
Think wearing a watch is a thing of the past? Think again. You’ll look far more debonair when checking the time on an expertly crafted chronograph instead of on your iPhone 5. Precious metals and precise mechanics make these offerings worthy investments.
1. Omega DeVille Prestige Small Seconds Watch, $8,250, OMEGA at Ross Park Mall.
Make a statement. The sapphire shade of the dial is striking, especially in contrast to the yellow gold case and textured brown leather band.
2. Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic, $695, Gentilcore Jewelers.
Keep it simple and straightforward with a stainless steel band and black ceramic bezel, accented by white numerals.
3. Chopard L.U.C 1937 Classic Watch, $8,670, Orr’s Jewelers.
Roman numerals, the intricate minute track, and oversized white porcelain-like dial are so sophisticated. The transparent case back shows the exclusive in-house movement.
4. Patek Philippe World Time Watch, $47,000, Orr’s Jewelers.
The 18K rose gold watch indicates 24 time zones on the dial and has and automatic self-winding movement. The perfect gift for a world traveler.
5. Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Watch, $36,000, OMEGA at Ross Park Mall.
Red gold makes this watch stand out — not to mention its self-winding movement with Co-Axial Escapement for greater precision, stability, and durability.
6. Esq Movado Synthesis Watch, $695, Gentilcore Jewelers.
Brushed and polished two-tone stainless steel links add character to the streamlined rectangular case.
7. Ebel Classic Wave Watch, $3,350, Grafner Brothers Jewelers.
Ebel’s iconic, wave-like links are a look that’s both classic and modern. We like the silver and yellow gold combo shown here.
8. Ulysse Nardin Executive Dual Time Watch, $21,900, Casa D’oro Jewelers.
Oversized Roman numerals and three-dimensional chiseled hands tell the time in a style that’s complementary to the black leather and rose gold composition.
This article is featured in the January 2013 issue of WHIRL Magazine.
Click here to browse the archive.